MaSC: Data Sharing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Develop tools to facilitate the submission and standard formatting of mass spectrometry data for the Users’ Group for Mass Spectrometry and Chromatography
A web page has been developed with the following basic functionality.
- User login with predefined profiles
- File upload, for a defined set of file formats
- Parsing and reformatting uploaded files based on values stored in a MySQL database.
- Viewing of basic graphs of data
- Editing and checking of submitted files
- Download options for stored files.
- Help and instruction information.
- Develop database to actually store the submitted information and then generate files on the fly
- Improve process for finding files, possible search systems
- Output current library in addition to single files
- Define and document the "ontology" used
- Define and document the system to facilitate re-use if appropriate
- Allow tool to be used as a local formatting tool in addition to a submission tool
- Investigate which tools can be re-purposed for a more generic analytical data formatting tool
- Do we want to add feedback/suggestions/todo list type functionality to the system, or does this become more redundant once we have version 1.0?